I am Associate Professor at West University of Timisoara, Faculty of Mathematics & Informatics, Computer Science Department.
I am also Researcher at Institute e-Austria Timisoara.
with applications in Cloud Computing and Artificial Intelligence.
- Formal Methods, in particular Static Software Verification;
- Automated Theorem Proving, in particular First-Order Theorem Proving;
- Symbolic Computation, in particular Polynomial Algebra.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Technology and Education
Updates on the activities of the R&D project funded by UEFISCDI
In the next academic year I will be teaching courses on entrepreneurship:
- The traffic sign recognition benchmark that we proposed for
VNN-COMP 2023 received the
outstanding benchmark award.
- In July, my Master students defended their theses in an excellent fashion:
Marcus Ilisie. A Symbiosis of Constraint Optimization, Symmetries and Symmetry Breaking for Scalable
Cloud Deployment Problems
Eduard Laitin. Speeding Up the Deployment in the Cloud of Component-based Applications using Graph Neural Networks and SMT solving
Vlad Luca. SAGE - A Tool for Optimal Deployments in Kubernetes Clusters.
Paper accepted at IEEE CloudCom 2023.
Andreea Postovan. Binarized Neural Networks for Traffic Sign Recognition: Training and Verification.
Papers accepted at ICANN 2023 and FROM 2023.
Their content and format are inspired by those followed at University of Rochester during the Fulbright-RAF
scholarship. These are the first courses for Computer Science students in our department and I'm glad they were
introduced in the 2nd year of Bachelor studies. They follow the slogan Come and see, so if you want to
participate and/or contribute, contact me!
We are organizing Entrepreneurship Café also in the academic year 2022-2023.
Check Entrepreneurship page for details!
- Entrepreneurship Skills (mandatory)
- Entrepreneurship Skills - practical applications (facultative)